MCGRAW-HILL EDUCATION Pharmacy Drug Card Scavenger Hunt Sweepstakes Official Rules
You must agree to these Official Rules in order to enter the sweepstakes.
1. No Purchase Necessary: NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY MONEY IS NECESSARY TO ENTER. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. All federal, state and/or local rules and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
2. Eligibility: Must be at least 18 years old and a U.S resident to enter. Employees of McGraw-Hill Global Education LLC (“MHE”) and its parent and affiliate entities (collectively, “Sponsors”) and immediate family members are not eligible.
3. Entry Period: Every week from Monday, September 17, 2018 through Monday, September 30, 2019 (“Sweepstakes Period”), submissions may be submitted between 9:00 AM (EST) Monday through 8:00 AM (EST) the following Monday (“Weekly Entry Period”). All entries for the applicable week must be received by 8:00 AM (EST) every Monday during the Sweepstakes Period.
4. To Enter: During the Weekly Entry Period, go to https://accesspharmacy.mhmedical.com, click on the “Scavenger Hunt” channel and open that week’s post. The post will include that week’s question and a link. Open the link to answer the question and include your contact information requested, and submit it by clicking “submit” during the Weekly Entry Period for entry into the Sweepstakes. An entrant must answer the question correctly and provide all required contact information to have a valid entry (“Submission”). The winner of the just-concluded Weekly Entry Period will be notified by email shortly after 8:00 AM (EST) on Monday each week during the Sweepstakes Period, and will be listed as the previous week’s winner by name and school in the question posted the following week. On the last business day of each month during the Sweepstakes Period, the winners of the weekly sweepstakes from that month will be entered into a drawing for the monthly prize.
For example: A weekly winner will be randomly drawn from all valid Submissions during the just-concluded Weekly Entry Period shortly after 8:00 AM (EST) on each of Monday October 8, 15, 22 and 29. On October 31, a single prize winner will be selected at random from the four October winners.
Limitation: Only one entry per person during the applicable Weekly Entry Period. Any attempt by any entrant to enter by using multiple or different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s Submissions and that entrant may be disqualified, at the sole discretion of Sponsors. We reserve the right to not display content submitted in connection with the Sweepstakes at our discretion. If an entrant enters the sweepstakes on the entrant’s mobile device, the entrant’s wireless service provider may charge entrant for applicable message and data charges. Entrants should consult their wireless service provider regarding its pricing plans prior to participating via a mobile device.
5. Prize: There are thirteen (13) total prizes available to be won: 13 $250 gift certificates to be redeemed for any pharmacy-related print book on mheducation.com for the monthly winners chosen during the Sweepstakes Period.
6. Prize Conditions: Prize is supplied by MHE. Prize is not redeemable for cash or substitutable for any other item by winner. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a comparable prize of like or greater value for any prize, for any reason. Winner is responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes and fees, plus any other incidentals. Taxes are the responsibility of the winner. An IRS form 1099 will be filed in the name of the winner for the retail value of the Prize.
7. Guidelines and Restrictions: By uploading your Submission, you agree that your Submission conforms to the Guidelines and Restrictions listed below and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify you or your Submission from the promotion if it believes that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
- The Submission must be the original work of the entrant.
- The Submission must not contain profanity, nudity, pornographic images, violent images, anti-competition messages, illegal material, or material that violates the rights of third parties.
8. Selection of Monthly Winners: one (1) sweepstakes winners will be drawn at random on the last business day of each month during the Sweepstakes Period, at approximately 5:00 PM (EST). Monthly Winners will be notified on the first business day of the month following each monthly random drawing.
9. Odds: Odds of winning will depend upon number of eligible entries received.
10. Winner Notification and Acceptance: Winners will be notified by email. Winner must provide MHE with an accurate email address so that prize can be emailed. Failure to reach winner within one week of notification may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize. Failure to respond within twenty-four (24) hours of MHE’s notification via email may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned within ten (10) days of receipt. Failure to sign and return a requested affidavit or release within this time period, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules will result in a winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner.
11. Participation: Except where prohibited, participation in the promotion constitutes consent to the publication of entrant’s name, biographical information and likeness and participating entry for any marketing, commercial or promotional purpose in any media, without further compensation. All entries become the property of MHE. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of MHE. MHE reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this promotion as solely determined by MHE. In the event the promotion is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the promotion, MHE reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the promotion in whole or in part. Should the promotion be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award a prize based on the entries received before the termination date. Entry in the promotion and acceptance of any prize award is subject to the policy of the entrant’s employer regarding participation in, and accepting prizes in, promotions. Sponsor is also not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation of transmission, communication failures, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Incomplete, non-conforming or illegible entries will be disqualified.
12. Construction: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. The decisions of Sponsors regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the promotion shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsors will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the promotion.
13. Disqualification: In the event that any winner fails to claim his or her prize within eight (8) weeks of notification, or fails to meet the eligibility requirements or is otherwise disqualified, the unawarded prize will be awarded to an alternate winner selected at random from remaining entries.
14. Miscellaneous: All entries become the sole property of MHE and none will be returned. Winner may be required to give MHE his/her social security number, legal name, age, current address, and phone number for tax record keeping purposes only.
16. Winner’s List: For the winner list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, after October 31, 2019 to McGraw-Hill Education Pharmacy Drug Card Scavenger Hunt Sweepstakes, c/o Michael Weitz, Editorial Director, Medical Basic Sciences, Pharmacy & Allied Health Textbooks, McGraw-Hill Education Professional Publishing 120 S. Riverside Drive, Chicago, IL 60606.